Tests: Usability Checklist
This checklist is meant for the general testing of the usability of the site prior to delivery.
Clearness of communication
- Is it clear for whom the site is intended?
- Is the 'tone-of-voice' appropriate for the target group?
- Are the loading times reasonable (in relation to the content of the site)?
- Is the site accessible for users with a physical handicap?
- Is it easy for a user to contact the author or administrator of the site?
- Is the overall 'look and feel' of the site consistent and clearly recognisable?
- Is the site visually consistent without images?
Design and maintenance
- Are hyperlinks being used effectively to link related items?
- Dead links? Script errors? Do the forms work?
- Have unexpected 'error scenarios' been taken into account?
- Does the site use colour in an appropriate, moderate way?
- Does the site give visual feedback wherever possible? For example, highlighting navigation elements.